Mission Statement: The mission of Acton Preschool is to provide a quality Christian foundation as well as preparing them socially and academically for kindergarten. Through play time, individual, and group activities this ministry extends the opportunity for each child to learn and grow in a nurturing environment.
Schedule: The three and four-year old classes are held Monday-Friday 8:00am-11:30am. Tuition is $240 regardless of how many days you choose to send your child. We follow the Buncombe County school schedule for most holidays, teacher workdays, and inclement weather days.
Snacks: Snack time is normally around 10:00am and lasts approximately 15 minutes. Parents are responsible for sending a small healthy snack (no more than 3 items) and a spill proof bottle filled with water daily. The water bottle is also used on the playground when needed. Suggested snack items, cheese sticks, yogurt, granola bars, fruit, veggies, ½ a sandwich, pretzels, etc.
- 1 box 24 count crayons (Crayola)
- 1 box 10 count washable markers (Crayola)
- 8 count watercolor paint tray (Crayola)
- 4 pack of play-dough (Play-doh)
- 4 count glue sticks (Elmer’s washable disappearing purple)
- 1 large container of disinfecting wipes (Clorox or Lysol)
- 1 mega roll of paper towels (pick-a-size preferred)
- 2-1” three ring clear plastic view binders
- Backpack (No mini-backpacks please! Must be able to easily zip around 1binder and snack containers)
- Spill proof water bottle***We have recommended brands for some items. In our years of experience, we have found that they perform better and outlast others.
Tuition and Registration Fee: A $100 non-refundable registration fee is due at the time of registration to hold your child’s space in the program. Tuition is $240 per month and due the first school day of each month, starting in September and ending in May. A $20 late fee will be charged to your account if tuition is not received by the 10th of each month. The monthly tuition is calculated based on an average number of days taking into consideration holidays, teacher workdays, and other cancellations. There will be no deductions or prorated fees. There is a $20 per month discount for members of Acton United Methodist Church and for any family with more than one child attending Acton Preschool. The $20/month discount applies to the whole family, not per child. (Monthly tuition for the 1st sibling $240 and the monthly tuition for the 2nd sibling is $220)
Requirements for Enrollment:
- Your child must be three or four years old on or before August 31st of the current school year to enroll in their respective class. Your child must also be completely potty trained (able to communicate the need to go, pull clothes down, wipe #1, and redress themselves). Wearing pull-ups is not allowed (for health and safety reasons, no exceptions will be made to this requirement).
- Immunizations must be up to date, and a copy of your child’s immunization record will be required to be on file at the school. An enrollment agreement must also be signed at the beginning of the school year and kept on file.
Withdrawal of a child requires a 30-day written notice. This will result in a one month paid tuition following the notice. This will allow the school to fill the empty space without any interruption. Please understand this policy will be enforced.
At Acton Preschool, each week of learning and play is centered on a different theme. We strive to provide the children with as many sensory experiences as possible. Learning is fun at Acton!
Thank you for your interest in our preschool program. Please call us at 828-665-4302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions that you may have. Email is the best way to reach us, especially during the summer months.