Our Mission: Living and Sharing Real Faith with All People
What is faith? Simply, it is trusting in someone or something. At Acton, we are committed to entrusting our lives to the God revealed in Jesus Christ made present, today, through the Holy Spirit. This faith empowers us to love and serve everyone we encounter and to speak about the love we have received from God. What makes faith real? You. Each person’s journey of faith is unique and filled with “ups” and “downs”, joys and sorrows. We seek to meet these as imperfect people supported by a perfect grace. So, no matter where you are on your journey of faith, we hope you’ll join us along the way.
Life doesn’t just happen, it is lived. How we respond to the events and situations we encounter reveals our values and character. So too, our faith must be lived in the choices we make each day. At Acton, the following core values help guide the choices that make a living faith:
- F is for Following Jesus
- We seek to live our lives according to the example and teachings of Jesus Christ
- A is for Authentic Relationships
- We seek to live in trusting community with others by honestly sharing the “best” and “worst” of ourselves.
- I is for Inviting Others
- We seek to involve others in this Jesus following authentic community.
- T is for Touching the Lives of Our Neighbors
- We seek to make a positive and lasting impact in the lives of those we encounter, especially the poorest and weakest among us.
- H is for Hospitality
- We seek to make a space and place for any and all who need it.
We attempt to live these core values and grow in our faith by engaging practices such as worship, prayer, Bible study, fellowship, giving of our time and money, and service to others.
Because we know the power of faith to transform us and others, sharing our faith through conversation and service is a key part of our life together. While actions speak louder than words, we believe both are crucial for inviting others to live in trusting relationship with God.
Everyone needs someone to believe in and someone to believe in them.
If you’d like to learn more about our theology, check out: www.umc.org/what-we-believe