Mission – Why do we exist?
Acton UMC is a relational community for all people to worship, grow in faith, and serve Christ
throughout the world while making disciples of ourselves and others.
Core Values – How do we behave?
- Sharing our faith intentionally – By inviting friends and neighbors to a relationship with Christ and the church
- Loving God and our neighbors – By deepening our relationship to God and others through participation in faith formation groups
- Practicing Extravagant Generosity – By committing to move toward tithing and giving beyond the local church
- Showing Radical Hospitality – By making every effort to accommodate the needs of visitors and create a place of welcome for all people
- Worshipping Passionately – By daily lives formed through prayer and service
- Serving our community – By participating in local church ministries that reach out to those in need
Purpose Statement – What do we do?
We embody the fruit of the spirit and share the love of Christ through intergenerational fellowship, service, worship, and intentional growth in faith.
Strategic Anchors – How will we succeed?
- By creating intentional opportunities for engaging the community so that all people have a portal to enter a faith community
- Through focusing on activities that support ministries for identified needs in our local & global community so that we can show the love of Christ to those who are hurting.
- With promoting inter-generational experiences so that children and adults (all ages) are connected with the shared wisdom and learning opportunities that bring both closer to God.
- By developing and empowering lay leaders so that we ensure continuity of mission, values and purpose regardless of changes in pastoral or lay leadership.
Next Steps – What we are currently working on.
- Create an entry point for people interested in learning more about Christianity
- Developing a stronger connection with youth in our community
- Continue fostering a relationship with Oak Tree Recovery
- Host a Preschool Parents “Night Out”
- Begin reaching out to new residents in the area